Team ExCeL
Welcome to Team ExCeLs Website.



 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ps3 Getting really hot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Loyal_One



Posts : 33
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 am

How do i fix the PS3 from overheating, it never turns off on me but if i touch it after a hour playing it's very hot. I think it happend after i got my hd cables because i got an old tv so i have 1080i graphics not 1080p. Also it makes loud sounds when its playing the game i don't know if thats normal, but my friends non-slim doesn't get overheated. I got the 250 gb ps3 slim, can anybody give me suggestions to fix it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuR3xJ0K3Rx

avatar

Posts : 76
Age : 45
Location : Denver, Co

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am

mine does the same thing, however i have had the thing since ps3 came out. i wouldnt suggest getting those external fans because they use the power from the consol its self, in wich leads to more over heating. so if you could find an external fan that has its own power source that would be great, yeah thanks.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indykid8691

avatar

Posts : 75
Age : 25
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 am

I use my laptop's fan. its cools it more than it overheats it. Also make sure the back of ur ps3 is well ventilated. Also, don't keep it flat on carpet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReMix
Leader
Leader


Posts : 665
Age : 23
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 am

Indykid8691 wrote:
I use my laptop's fan. its cools it more than it overheats it. Also make sure the back of ur ps3 is well ventilated. Also, don't keep it flat on carpet

Lol, whern i play my ps3 in my room i leave it on my flat carpet :S

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExCeL_ZeR0BuLLets

avatar

Posts : 25
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:48 pm

just let it rest put a fan next to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indykid8691

avatar

Posts : 75
Age : 25
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 pm

ReMix wrote:
Indykid8691 wrote:
I use my laptop's fan. its cools it more than it overheats it. Also make sure the back of ur ps3 is well ventilated. Also, don't keep it flat on carpet

Lol, whern i play my ps3 in my room i leave it on my flat carpet :S

bad idea depending on what kind of material your carpet is and long each strand is.
My ps3 kept over heating until i moved it off the carpet (but by then it got perm damage Sad)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXwHi2k3yXx

avatar

Posts : 32
Age : 26
Location : Ft Hood Tx

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:08 pm

try getting a stand for your ps3. i know it sounds silly but if you cant get it off the carpet or something flat then get the stand because it turnes it sideways and also saves space. i for one love it.

you can also do like other people mentioned, put a fan next to it or if your playing it extensively take a break from your ps3, trust me, it will thank you haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Loyal_One



Posts : 33
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

My ps3 isn't on carpet, it's in a tv stand with the glass door made open so it could ventilate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indykid8691

avatar

Posts : 75
Age : 25
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 am

xXwHi2k3yXx wrote:
try getting a stand for your ps3. i know it sounds silly but if you cant get it off the carpet or something flat then get the stand because it turnes it sideways and also saves space. i for one love it.

you can also do like other people mentioned, put a fan next to it or if your playing it extensively take a break from your ps3, trust me, it will thank you haha.

Actually standing it gives poorer ventilation. they did a study on it using thermal imaging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Getting really hot   

Back to top Go down
 
Ps3 Getting really hot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ExCeL :: ExCeL Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: